Exclusive 4-Day Cruise from Phnom Penh to Saigon with the luxurious Dragon Eyes or the private Gecko Eyes
Details of the routes and tour activities are for reference only. Final confirmation will be sent upon booking. If you book through an agent, please contact your agent for the final confirmation of tour routes and activities.
This exclusive Mekong river tour on board the Dragon Eyes or the Gecko Eyes goes from Phnom Penh via Chau Doc to Cai Be or Can Tho and further to Saigon. The Dragon Eyes boat only departures on even days (e.g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.) The Gecko Eyes house boat departures on any given day.
Day 1: Crossing the boarder to Vietnam
In Phnom Penh you embark the speed boat for an exciting ride to Chau Doc, your starting point for discovering Vietnam and the exiting life on the Mekong Delta. After crossing the boarder to Vietnam you will arrive in Chau Doc around 17.00 o’clock. You will be escorted to your Hotel in Chau Doc.
Day 2: Panorama cruise through the Mekong Delta
After breakfast, board a sampan and visit a floating villages as well as Cham village near Chau Doc.
Later that morning, board the boat, where you can make yourself comfortable in your cabin. Enjoy lunch while the boat starts cruising through the branches and canals of the Mekong. Sit back on the sundeck or in our salon and enjoy the amazing sights — the lush vegetation, small canals and the daily life of people in the Mekong Delta. Later that afternoon go on land and visit the Bang Lang Bird Sancutary or a Village in the Delta or a mushroomfarm.
The Bang Lang bird sanctuary is located near Long Xuyen and is also easily reached as a day trip from Can Tho. The large area is mainly overgrown by huge bamboo and is home to thousands of storks and many other birds.
You will have a good view over the entire bird sanctuary from a viewing platform which can be reached via a spiral staircase. As you are more or less on the same level with the treetops, you can watch the tall animals with their long beaks from here extremely well. In the distance the birds are discernible as many white patches in the green of the trees.
Meals: B, L, D
Day 3: Life on the water and floating markets
The next day your ship takes off at sunrise and will reach Can Tho. A sampan will take you to explore the floating market (1) with its excessive abundance of tropical fruits and vegtables. Following the visit of the floating you have the possibility to explore the small side streets and villages on foot or bike. Later on you also have the possibility to explore the capital of the Delta Can Tho. While enjoying lunch on board, we leave the bustling Can Tho. We pass the magnificent new cable-stayed bridge of Can Tho and turn into smaller quieter river arms. From the sun deck, you have an excellent view of the lush vegetation, punctuated by small villages, temples and churches. In the afternoon there is the opportunity for a country walk through the lush greenery, along rice fields, orchards or small villages.
Meals: B, L, D
Day 4: Cruising on the Mekong, transfer back to Saigon
At sunrise the ship takes off and continues towards Cai Be. Enjoy the peaceful countryside at an early snack on the sun deck. In the morning you have the opportunity to explore the village of Cai Be.
On even dates, you will have lunch at the Mekong Rest Stop. On odd dates, lunch is served in Vinh Long City.
Price per person in a double or twin cabin incl. Victoria Hotel in Chau Doc:
VND 17.817.700 (US$ 799)
|Boat||Tour Code||Low season
(April — September)
(October — March)
|Dragon Eyes||CD-4-DE-Vic PP-SGN||
VND 14.472.700 (US$ 649)
VND 17.594.700 (US$ 789)
|Gecko Eyes||CD-4-GE-Vic PP-SGN||
VND 17.817.700 (US$ 799)
VND 21.764.800 (US$ 976)
Our tours include
- Transfer from the jetty for the public speed boat to the hotel in Chau Doc
- Public speed boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc
- Hotel in Chau Doc
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Guided walk and side trip on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking guide on the cruise boat and side trips
- Shuttle service from Can Tho / Cai Be to Chau Doc
- Road transfer to Saigon (private transfer with Gecko Eyes)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Free flow of coffee and tea
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on your cruise boat and in hotel room
- Transfer to Vietnam, Immigration (Attention: Visa on Arrival is NOT possible at this border, even if a Visa Approval Letter exists. Please make sure that you have a valid visa for Vietnam in your passport.)
- private transfer to Saigon available
- Drinks (except for breakfast and the mineral water in your cabin/hotel room)
- Dinner in Chau Doc
- Private transfer on Dragon Eyes US$ 45 per person.
Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice.
(1) The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.